I offer collaborative communication classes, in particular, for families who wish to feel closer and individuals who want to be kinder to themselves and find the purpose they are most excited about. With my background in law and business, I am also happy to support businesses and not-for-profits.
Scheduled classes are all currently online (Contact Elke to make in-person arrangements):
- I'm All (Giraffe) Ears (4 hours, custom bookings available for groups of 5 or more; $125 CAD/per person).
Course prices include applicable GST.
This hands-on, introductory class offers specific tools that you can begin to use to immediately to connect more closely: four options for listening when we are triggered by our kids, partners, or family members, and the power of the pause. Playful and structured, this class offers a playful exploration of family relations with jackal and giraffe puppets:
- Disrupt patterns of communication that create resentment and disconnection
- Listen for underlying needs so you can hear the these instead of others’ tragic expressions of pain
- Demystify and even find compassion for behaviours that may be driving you wild (without trying to accept things that eat away at you!)
- Ask for what you want with greater clarity
- Laugh along the way
- Please, More Ease Parenting (16 hours over 8 weeks, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm MT (Edmonton)
April 1 - May 27, 2022 and custom bookings available for groups of 5 or more; $500 CAD/per person*).
Parenting can be really challenging and it can be hard to change our parenting patterns. I know this from personal experience with my 4 kids. Collaborative communication, however, opened up a whole new world for me, one that has led to a lot more ease. I would love to share this with you.
In this class, I offer you ways to:
- Reframe how we see our kids' choices so we can stay more grounded, get curious, and address root causes
- Find the words to talk to our kids in a way that they are more likely to hear us
- Build trust so that our kids are comfortable confiding in us
- Foster the quality of connection that encourages cooperation
*I do not want the budget to hold you back from learning. Please contact me to discuss other options if this is what is holding you back.
Parenting Coaches - I offer an 8% commission for referrals who register through you.
Day Care Providers - I have editions of this 16 hour series suitable for staff and/or children which can involve weekly sessions, 2-day, in-person courses (this one is for staff, only), and in-person "Giraffe and Jackal Talk" sessions. Contact me for more information.
- The Practice (1½ hour sessions, Fridays 12-1:30 pm MT (Edmonton);
Sliding scale subscription $150-190 CAD/month per person - choose what you wish to pay) – Join any time!
Deepen your understanding of a collaborative consciousness. When we lose touch with our feelings and needs, it can be really challenging to express ourselves without the four Ds of disconnection (Demand, Deny, Deserve, Diagnose).
This group is especially participant driven in that the topics I facilitate are based on participant requests. Presently (March 2022), we are exploring fundamental human needs. Come learn and practice with support to apply collaborative concepts to situations in your life.
- Journaling for Connection (1-hour sessions, Fridays 8-9 am MT (Edmonton);
Sliding scale subscription $100-150 CAD/month per person - choose what you wish to pay) – Join any time!
Take your personal journal further or start one this week by connecting what is most important to you and your family members. Journaling together collaboratively can help:
- Strengthen your inner sense of self-acceptance
- Fundamentally shift habitual patterns of behaviour that are no longer serving you
- Uproot and dissolve buried shame and enemy images
- Enable you to find your voice so you can ask for what you want in your life
- Reduce your stress and increase your sense of hope and confidence
In addition to self-reflection, there is an empathic space where you can be heard.
Through this shame-free approach, you can make changes you would enjoy without the energy of “I/you should” or "I/you shouldn't have." You can also celebrate what you are doing!
Examples of past successes that journaling together supported: a saved marriage (of a recently-separated couple), a non-acrimonious divorce, health and well-being for someone despite long hours of work in a challenging culture, and deep friendships between people who started out as strangers.
Prerequisites: 1) an introduction to collaborative communication with Elke such as my class I'm all (Giraffe) Ears, 2) a willingness to practice listening without analysis or advice-giving, and 3) a commitment to quietly journaling or creating space for others to do so).
Anyone can learn these transformational skills which are based on the work of Dr. Marshall Rosenberg, American psychologist and founder of the field of Compassionate Communication.
Contact me for to register (use the contact form or call +780 933-5542). Automated registration is under development.